Home       About Me       Review Archive

Monday, November 22, 2010

Muggle Monday (2)

It's time for Muggle Monday, which I may or may not be making a weekly "thing," in which I post a quote, a video, or a significant piece of news from the Harry Potter franchise. This is somewhat inspired by the Mundane Monday posts by The Mundie Moms (which was the first book blog that I read that introduced me to the world of book blogging).

Let's be real though: I just want the opportunity to post something about Harry Potter.

This week I'm featuring a song from Hank Green of the vlogbrothers. Hank Green is the brother of John Green, the King of YA. This song basically describes my reading life. It may seem unfair but the thought is always in the back of my mind with each new book I read, I can't help but think "this is not Harry Potter." Confessions of a true Potterholic.


Has everyone seen the movie by now? I would love to know what you thought of it!

6 comments :

  1. Love this!

    I also loved the movie. I actually haven't read the book yet (I know, shame on me!), but my husband said it was a bit rushed though stayed to the book pretty well. We both nerded out in our own ways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would say the movie was probably the most faithful adaptation since the first 2 movies.
    You must read the book before the part 2 is out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've said it, but I am just so happy to hear that the movie is faithful to the book. I was so angry with movie five and almost lost my drive to see HP7 because it was going to be the same director (I say almost, but that's really not true, of course).

    That song is really funny, and too true. There are a few books, HP being one of them, that have set a standard for me and I'm always searching for that experience again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled across your blog and I must say, I like it :) I am also a big Potter fan.. maybe not as big as you though. I like this feature, great blog! consider me a new follower.

    Rachel
    And the plot thickens...

    ReplyDelete