Home       About Me       Review Archive

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: HarperCollins Winter 2013 Catalog (Part 2)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking The Spine in which an upcoming, eagerly anticipated release is highlighted on the blog.

This week, I've chosen to feature a few more picks from the HarperCollins Winter 2013 Catalog. Last week, I also featured a few picks from the HarperCollins Winter 2013 Catalog, but because there was SO MUCH GOODNESS to choose from, I decided that a Part 2 was necessary because it was much too hard to narrow down only a few picks from all the books HarperCollins has coming out in Winter 2013. So here are four more of my highly anticipated reads:

Prophecy by Ellen Oh
Date: January 2, 2013
Add to Goodreads

The greatest warrior in all of the Seven Kingdoms… is a girl with yellow eyes.
Kira’s the only female in the king’s army, and the prince’s bodyguard. She’s a demon slayer and an outcast, hated by nearly everyone in her home city of Hansong. And, she’s their only hope…
Murdered kings and discovered traitors point to a demon invasion, sending Kira on the run with the young prince. He may be the savior predicted in the Dragon King Prophecy, but the missing treasure of myth may be the true key. With only the guidance of the cryptic prophecy, Kira must battle demon soldiers, evil shaman, and the Demon Lord himself to find what was once lost and raise a prince into a king.
Intrigue and mystery, ancient lore and action-packed fantasy come together in this heart-stopping first book in a trilogy.

High fantasy + strong female warrior has got to equal an automatic win, right? Well, it seems that way: early buzz for Prophecy has been very positive. All these factors combine into making Prophecy one of my most anticipated reads of 2013.


Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum
Date: January 8, 2013
Add to Goodreads

Twenty years ago, the robots designed to fight our wars abandoned the battlefields. Then they turned their weapons on us.
Only a few escaped the robot revolution of 2071. Kevin, Nick, and Cass are lucky —they live with their parents in a secret human community in the woods. Then their village is detected and wiped out. Hopeful that other survivors have been captured by bots, the teens risk everything to save the only people they have left in the world—by infiltrating a city controlled by their greatest enemies.
Revolution 19 is a cinematic thriller unlike anything else. With a dynamic cast of characters, this surefire blockbuster has everything teen readers want—action, drama, mystery, and romance. Written by debut novelist Gregg Rosenblum, this gripping story shouldn’t be missed.

Revolution 19 is instantly reminiscent of Terminator, and I love that. I feel like Revolution 19 has the potential to be a really intense, action-packed thriller, which is always fun.


Pivot Point by Kasie West
Date: February 12, 2013
Add to Goodreads

Addison Coleman's life is one big "What if?" As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It's the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie's parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with–her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the "Norms," or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it's not.
In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school–but she never wanted to be a quarterback's girlfriend. When Addie's father is asked to consult on a murder in the compound, she's unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she's willing to live through...and who she can't live without.

I've always been fascinated with the concept of how one decision can change the path of your future. That Addie can actually see the potential futures her decision will lay out for her is so interesting to me. Pivot Point sounds incredibly intriguing!


Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
Date: March 19, 2013
Add to Goodreads

Angie Chapman was thirteen years old when she ventured into the woods alone on a Girl Scout camping trip.
Now she’s returned home…only to find that it’s three years later and she’s sixteen—or at least that’s what everyone tells her.
What happened to the last three years of her life?
Angie herself doesn’t know.
But there are people who do—people who could tell Angie every detail of her forgotten time, if only they weren’t locked inside her mind.
With a tremendous amount of courage and support from unexpected friends, Angie embarks on a journey into the darkest corners of her mind. As she unearths more and more about her past, she discovers a terrifying secret and must decide: when you remember things you wish you could forget, do you destroy the people responsible, or is there another way to feel whole again?
Liz Coley’s alarming and fascinating psychological mystery is a disturbing—and ultimately empowering—page turner about accepting our whole selves, and the healing power of courage, hope, and love.

I love me a good psychological thriller - it's fun to wander about blindly through the story along with the character until the answer to the mystery is finally revealed and everything becomes clear. So I am definitely interested in reading Pretty Girl-13!


How about you? Are you waiting on any of these HarperCollins Winter 2013 reads? Are there any upcoming books from the HarperCollins Winter 2013 Catalog that I didn't include here that you feel I should add to my list?

28 comments :

  1. Those all look SO good! *sigh* I wish I had more than one set of eyes to read with :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pivot Point! Great picks, thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always I rely on your catalog picks. Prophecy and Pretty Girl sound best to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Harper catalog kills me!! So much good stuff in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I'm not really sure how it's possible!

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely looking forward to Prophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all sound fantastic! I just got Pivot Point and I am super super excited to start it!!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices! They all sound sooo interesting!
    Here's my WoW
    Megan @ BooksiView

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have all four books on my to-read list and I'm restlessly waiting for each and every one's release. They all sound pretty great so I'm really excited. Great picks! I hope you like them when you read them.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeep, as a fantasy and sci-fi lover I can't wait for the first two book you listed! *bursts in excitement* xD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks. I'm really looking forward to Prophecy and Revolution 19.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HarperCollins always have so many amazing titles. Strangely, books are the only reason I can't wait for 2013. Sigh. Great picks!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! They all sound good. Thanks for sharing. (New follower)

    Julie @ Novel Nexus Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love with all things HarperTeen Aylee! There catalogs are like my Christmas wish list, I want everything in them. Besides the ones you have listed I'm also dying for Everneath, Boundless, and Through the Ever Night. SO MUCH GOOD STUFF COMING IN JAN/FEB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. What am I going to do with myself?! Soooo good.

      Delete
  14. *Everbound* not *Everneath* Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited for Pivot Point and Pretty Girl-13!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was browsing the catalog the other day and was drooling over these as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I love every single one of your picks this week!
    And i'm adding them to my wishlist!!
    Pivot point and Revolution 19 stand out to me
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just added Pretty Girl-13 to my list, I hadn't heard of that one. Great choices! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I recently went through HC's winter catalogue and Prophecy was one that definitely stood out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HarperCollins always seems to have so many amazing YA books! Out of your picks for this week, I'm most excited to read Prophecy! I love how it's inspired by ancient Korea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's my favourite thing about it, too!

      Delete
  21. Prophecy sounds awesome, I look forward to read some reviews on this one !! I love the cover for Pivot Point. Great picks as always Aylee :)

    ReplyDelete